Monday, November 22, 2010

My body

Here is The Lady Short Legs herself, yes it is me! One reader suggested we start a new feature where we share photos with one another, they can be photos of outfits you find flattering, or the opposite, or those you are not sure about, and need our opinions. Or whole body shots like mine just to share what you've got.
Since doing the calculations, I have discovered that I am in fact not as disproportionate as I viewed myself, and that my legs are normal, perhaps longish even, it's just that my torso and back are a bit lengthy. I know for a fact my torso is long, I have been told by an obstetrician, a chiropractor, and a seamstress/pattern maker. I should in truth be Lady Long Torso, but Lady Short Legs has a better sound to it (like daddy long legs).

One major factor in how disproportionate I felt about myself, had to do with how I look at my body from above (where my eyes are), and with the rules of perspective, my legs appear short from up there, and my torso endless. Even when I stand in front of a mirror I am again viewing myself from up high, seeing my proportions in a distorted manner.
Other people generally see your body from afar,  and from a distance they see our proportions as they truly are, so other people actually see you from a better and correct angle then you view yourself. And at professional photoshoots one is primarily photographer from a lower angle (photographers do a whole lot of crouching or bending over their tripod).

Here is an my experiment to demonstrate this:
I had my guy photograph me from three angles:

1. Up high for a least flattering look, this is how I see myself, long torso, short legs.
2. Middle level, camera positioned at around the belly button area, for the correct proportions, this is how I really am (apparently).
3. Lastly, from down below at my feet, for the most extreme angle, where my legs look long, and my torso short.



I look forward to receiving your photos, which you can send to "LadyShortLegs@gmail.com"
Everything can be anonymous if you wish, and I can crop them into a nice presentation if you if you are unable.

No comments:

Post a Comment