Monday, January 17, 2011

Glee: Britney Spears and Brittany S Pierce!

I haven't always been such a big fan of Glee. In fact, I spent the first quarter of the first season hating it, the rest of the first half feeling very love/hate towards it, and the second half of the season loving it.

Having watched Glee for a while now, I'm pretty used to how completely nuts the series is. The nuttiness, in my opinion, is what makes the series so good. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and that's great.

But, then there was this hyped up episode featuring some slightly famous pop starlet named Britney Spears...I think I might have heard of her somewhere...and I think I might have copies of her first two albums hidden away somewhere (am I really admitting that??)

When the episode aired on the other isde of the pond, it became one of the most watched episodes so far, thanks to Britney's role, and as a result, we poor Brits have been subjected to a week long array of adverts for this, only just pipped in the annoying stakes by the over-advertising of Skins, which as much as I love it, I'm going to watch it, you don't need to ram it down my throat E4 peeps!!

So, was this episode all that the hype made it out to be?

In short? No.

The episode circled, to a point, around the character of Brittany, who I have to say, is a comedy gem almost on par with Nick and Norah's Caroline, although slightly dumber and less drunk! If anything, this episode really allowed Heather Morris (who plays Brittany) to shine, and prove how amazingly talented she is. When Brittany turned around and declared that she was more talented than Rachel, I honestly believed her!

But, despite Brittany's shining, I thought the episode was just silly gone too far. I mean come on, fantasy in the Dentist chair? Yeah, right!

And, as much as I slightly hate to say this, I actually felt like I wanted more from Britney Spears. Crazy maybe, but after all the build up, I really expected there to be more of her! So, yes, for me, this episode was a little bit of a let down!

No comments:

Post a Comment