Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Anyone?

Well, this is news that I really did not expect to read today. But, according to various Square Enix and Final Fantasy related Facebook pages, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is on it's way!

This is completely new information to me, because I didn't even have a clue that they were planning on making a sequel.

This could be really good news, or really, really bad news. That's going to depend on whether or not you liked Final Fantasy XIII. Having bought a PS3 solely for that game, I personally, thought that the gameplay sucked, but it looked stunning and I liked the storyline.

So, as long as they sort out the annoying battle system, quit with the mundane linearity, I may just be persuaded to buy it.

As far as sequels go in the world of Final Fantasy, I always have mixed opinions. Final Fantasy VII's spin-off Dirge of Cereberus was never my cup-of-tea, and the DS spin-offs of the Kingdom Hearts games, and Final Fantasy XII were both let downs. But, then I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy X-2, Crisis Core, and the one Kingdom Heats game that came out on the PSP, so it's a hard one to judge how much change this new game is going to under-go!

But, there's really no point getting too excited, because it's likely to be at least a year away, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this one pans out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment