Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Story of Lighting, New Treasures, and the Joy of accepting Help.

Lingerie: Lise Charmel, Skirt: Fifi Chachnil

The Jane's Vanity e-boutique has definitely been a labor of love. We have been working towards it's launch for months now, and each step has felt like it's been miles long.

When we did the first photo shoot, I knew the process of perfecting the photos would be tricky. My experience with photo editing was limited, and never included armpits (now the bane of my existence). However, I was determined that I could do it on my own without help from anyone else. Very determined. The first photos I shot and edited were a true struggle, both due to my inexperience and - as I have now learned - the lighting. 

I am fortunate enough to be married to a man who has a lot of experience with all the technical aspects of production. Having worked on commercial shoots, as well as shooting and editing photos and video for his own theatrical productions, his response when I told him that I was doing another photo shoot was "Why don't you let me help with the lighting?" After a moment's hesitation (my determination can border on insanity), I agreed. Little did I know that he was going to save me hours of photo editing, and help make the photos from this shoot look spectacular - and professional. 
(The fact that our model was extra foxy certainly didn't hurt!)

Lesson learned, in spades. Sometimes I can't do everything myself, and accepting help from those around me not only saves me work and heartache, but also makes the finished product more polished.

With that introduction, take a peek at all the newly-photographed beauties, now up on the Jane's Vanity e-Boutique! These Spring treasures include lingerie & accessories from Fifi Chachnil, the ultimate waist-cincher corset from Cadolle, Swimwear from Andres Sarda and delicious loungewear from Underwriters and Lisa's Folly Luxe!

Fifi Chachnil "Jolinette"


Fifi Chachnil "Jolinette"

Lingerie: Fifi Chachnil "Fleur de Peau", Garter: Piper Ewan

Lisa's Folly Luxe

Waist Cincher: Cadolle, Lingerie: Valery Prestige

Underwriters Rib Silk Gown

Underwriters Rib Silk Chemise

Underwriters Rib Silk Chemise

Andres Sarda "Foster" Striped Bikini

Andres Sarda "Foster" Striped Swimsuit

I am excited for all the new beauties that are scheduled to arrive this Summer, and for all the future photoshoots - with great lighting!

Keep an eye on the blog for a special promotion coming up soon - June is Jane's birthday month, and we have to share the celebration with you, no?

xo,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment